NBA Forum & Message Board  

Go Back   NBA Forum & Message Board > Inside Sports > NFL

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2012, 05:02 AM   #501
Tyrannosaurus Flex

Credits: 2,315
DanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond repute

Packers Back!

Oh and Panthers trolling

Video: DE tells Falcons to get off Carolina’s field | AJC Sports News Now

DanBootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 05:10 AM   #502

Credits: 1,606
jrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBootleg View Post
I would have done the same thing as Hardy, lol. I did something like this last year in my softball league. Players on the other team were showboating because they were winning by a lot. So the next time we played them, we blew them out badly, and I made a comment to their bench about what happened to their great offense? They got really pissed off. It was hilarious how upset they got. But if you're going to talk trash, you have to take it like a man when other teams retaliate.
jrmycmpfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:10 AM   #503
Asian Girls everywhere

Credits: 810
coopz has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adubz View Post
ftfy honey..
reminds me of you in team up
Old 12-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #504
in the cut

Credits: 1,099
Adubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant futureAdubz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by coopz View Post
reminds me of you in team up
F the center position b
Old 12-10-2012, 03:35 PM   #505
Tyrannosaurus Flex

Credits: 2,315
DanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond reputeDanBootleg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmycmpfan View Post
I would have done the same thing as Hardy, lol. I did something like this last year in my softball league. Players on the other team were showboating because they were winning by a lot. So the next time we played them, we blew them out badly, and I made a comment to their bench about what happened to their great offense? They got really pissed off. It was hilarious how upset they got. But if you're going to talk trash, you have to take it like a man when other teams retaliate.
Lol Matt Bryant thinking they're going to the Superbowl is hilarious.

They better hope they don't see an option offense in their first playoff game.

DanBootleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:09 PM   #506

jrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud ofjrmycmpfan has much to be proud of

Cam Cameron has been fired by the Ravens, and Jim Caldwell will take over as OC. I wonder what Bob will do to celebrate the news?
Old 12-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #507
SuperBowl XLVII Champions

Credits: 1,178
bobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud ofbobmcboberston has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrmycmpfan View Post
Cam Cameron has been fired by the Ravens, and Jim Caldwell will take over as OC. I wonder what Bob will do to celebrate the news?
wOOOOOOOO PARTY AT JRMY'S HOUSE.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:25 PM   #508
Melo 4 MVP

Credits: 511
Bugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud of

If ap doesn't win mvp/comeback player of the year he will have been robbed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henson
This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied "oh the highschool across the street?" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
Hey Sacramento Kings fans - can you mail the "Most Depressed NBA Fan Base" championship belt to Milwaukee? Thanks in advance.
Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:08 AM   #509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
If ap doesn't win mvp/comeback player of the year he will have been robbed.
What about Peyton? He has 30 TD's after missing the entire 2011 season.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 AM   #510
Melo 4 MVP

Credits: 511
Bugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud ofBugsy has much to be proud of

^ had this debate else where, will just post this long ass post here too..

As for MVP, the ****ing Broncos won a playoff game while being lead by Tim Tebow for **** sake. If Peyton can't win a playoff game with the Broncos he should just retire. The fact that the Vikings are 7-6 is because of Adrian Peterson. He did have help from Percy, but Adrian has done nothing but get better and continually carry this team without Percy.

Am I discrediting what Peyton has comeback from? Nope. What Adrian has done is completely unbelievable. Any other year he'd (Peyton Manning) win it easily, however, this isn't any other year. I ask you what is the most protected position in the NFL? Hands down quarterback. And if your name is Peyton Manning or Tom Brady you bet your ass the referees are gonna protect you far more. I've seen a lot more people say Peyton has a chance at coming back and being himself. I saw nobody give Adrian Peterson a chance at coming back to being what he was. At best he was going to be just a shell of his former self. You could see it on anyones face. Especially the analysts when they discussed his injury. He was dead in the water; given no hope. There was still optimism with Peyton Manning.

The Peyton supporters want to argue that Peyton sat out an entire year, so he should win it because of that. (and because he's playing quite nicely) Peyton had an off-season, a pre-season, an entire regular season, and another off-season to rehab and heal. That's a damn long time to heal from any injury - even a neck one. Any hit could have Peyton's career ended. I'll admit that, but as stated previously he has the referees protecting him plus all that time to rehab and heal. And chances are Peyton isn't gonna take a nasty hit. It'd probably would take a nasty one for him not to get up from it. Most likely if he could he'd just slide or just throw it away to avoid a hit. That's intelligent on his part. It's extending his career.

Mr. Peterson does not have that luxury. He doesn't have the refs calling flags for the minor of hits. He can't just dump the ball off to avoid a hit, and he's not gonna slide to avoid a hit. Coming off of an ACL tear, in case you people aren't aware, ANY type of hit or tackle and Peterson can be done. No matter how harmless it looks. For example take Bo Jackson. Just a normal tackle and he had to get a hip replacement at 28 years old. And chances are defenders are going to go for Peterson's legs, where he tore his ACL. How many defenders are gonna go for Peyton's neck to tackle him? None. Peterson faces 8-10 man boxes week in and week out. That's a lotta people trying to tackle him. He isn't facing a 3 or 4 man rush with the occasional blitz. People assume he'll get the ball every single play. And every single play Adrian has the entire defense coming at him.

Adrian got hurt at the end of the year last year, he was having a good year. No debate here, but he tore his ACL for **** sake. Not an ACL sprain, and ACL tear. He took those last couple weeks of the regular season and an off-season to comeback. Yes, that's right, he had to comeback from an ACL tear and he took one off-season. He didn't take two off-seasons, a pre-season and an entire regular season to heal. Not discrediting or diminishing Peyton's serious injury at all either. It can take anywhere, on average, 7-9 months to completely heal from an ACL tear. Peterson was ready week one and dominated since. That's remarkable. Just because he was having a good season last year doesn't mean he can't win comeback player of the year considering he had to comeback from something very serious. And to make matters worse, so to speak, he's a running back. Do you realize how hard it is to comeback from a lower body injury, especially a knee injury, for a running back? Go ahead and find out how many running backs not only come back like they never got hurt, but comeback better. Gale Sayers had to come back from a knee injury, and even he wasn't the same after it. He was still a damn good running back - better than most - but he was no where near what he was before he was injured. Peterson would've been lucky to run for another 1,000 yards in a season. More so this season than any others considering he really shouldn't have been back week one.

Quite honestly that 7-9 month recovery time is kind of short. The bare minimum is 6 months, but mostly it takes longer. Peterson could have easily been out longer. Jerry Rice came back after 3.5 months from an ACL surgery in 1997. In his first game back he fractured his kneecap. Why? He wasn't fully healed and ready to come back and his knee couldn't handle it. He missed the rest of the season. The rehab isn't something easy to do either. There are a series of things you must accomplish, completely accomplish, in order to move on to the next rehab process. Which can add even more time on the comeback.

When you have ACL surgery a brand new ligament is created and put in your knee with screws and other devices. Yeah, Peterson has that in his knee and is running better than ever. Then to top it off the ACL has to heal completely to withstand repetitive stress from moving, especially when playing sports. And it's amplified when you're a running back. If someone comes back from ACL surgery too soon the fix put in will completely fail and that person will have more issues. I don't know if Peyton's injury will ever bother him again, but Peterson will always have to deal with his knee. When it first happened there was also concern he hurt other ligaments as well.

I was looking up when/what he all injured and came across a forum. Here are some comments regarding whether or not he'll ever be the same...

Quote:
Yeah, probably. It's extremely difficult for a RB to come back from an injury like this. I think his days as an elite RB are over, unfortunately.
Quote:
Sad day for me. I love watching him play. Probably won't ever be the same.
Quote:
He will never be the same player and I feel sadly confident in saying that.
Quote:
I hate jumping to conclusions but there goes HOF level talent down the drain. NFL is a brutally unforgiving sport.
And apparently not only did he tear his ACL, but he messed up his MCL as well. Before doctors could work on his ACL, they'd have to get the MCL fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAToday
Last Christmas Eve in Washington, Peterson took a hit from the side by Redskins safety DeJon Gomes that bent his left knee gruesomely inward. Peterson tore the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL), which connects the shin and thigh bones within the knee, and the medial collateral ligament (MCL) and damaged cartilage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
Peterson tore his ACL and MCL when he was hit in the side of the knee by Washington Redskins safety DeJon Gomes in the third quarter of Saturday's 33-26 win at Washington. An MRI on Saturday evening revealed the ligament tears and meniscus damage, and Peterson will undergo surgery within the next seven to 10 days.
Adrian Peterson can easily re-injury his knee by just coming to a stop or being tackled. A study found that 63% of NFL players returned to play after surgery almost 11 months afterwards. The chance of re-tearing it is very high as well. Casey Hampton of the Steelers has had 3 ACL reconstruction surgery's. Adrian should've been doing some running and cutting 6 months after it. But in reality he was doing a lot more. His patella tendon is still sore after games, but he fights through it. Despite all this he has a shot to run for more yards in a single season than anyone in history - and he isn't doing it against shitty defense after shitty defense. He's also been giving some practice time off.

He had to comeback from the injury itself, surgery, rehab and he's better than ever. After the Bears game he was the leading rusher, while averaging 6.0 YPC, by over 300 yards. He has had 18 carries that went for 20+ yards. He has had 5 games where he rushed for under 100 yards. None since October 14th vs Washington. Since that game he has had 152 carries for 1,101 yards. Yes, in a mere 7 games he ran for over 1,100 yards while averaging an astonishing 7.2 YPC. His lowest YPC in that 7 game stretch has been 5.0 YPC. That itself is completely remarkable.

1984 Eric Dickerson in 16 games: 379 carries, 2,105 yards (5.6 YPC), 14 TDs
2012 Adrian Peterson 13 games: 265 carries, 1,600 yards (6.0 YPC), 10 TDs

Will he break the record? Maybe not. But he will probably come damn close, and he'll have to if the Vikings have any hope of winning/making the playoffs. I also doubt he gets 38 carries a game the next three games so Dickerson would have had more carries that season than Peterson did this season.

That is why Adrian Peterson should win comeback player of the year and MVP of the 2012 NFL Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Henson
This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied "oh the highschool across the street?" lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Simmons
Hey Sacramento Kings fans - can you mail the "Most Depressed NBA Fan Base" championship belt to Milwaukee? Thanks in advance.
Bugsy is offline   Reply With Quote